- Plant winter annuals such as snapdragons, pansies, violas, calendulas, snow daisies (palusodum daisy), ornamental kale and cabbage, iceland popppy and stock.
- Sow in place seeds of wildflowers such as California poppy as well as seeds of larkspur and sweet peas.
- Plant Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, peas. Also leafy greens such as kale, lettuce, spinach, chard, pak choy, mizuna, mache and endive.
- Plant herbs (except heat-loving basil).
- Sow in place seeds of carrots, beets turnips and radishes.
- Plant California natives
- Plant any and all perennials.
- If you need to move plants in your garden, now is the time to dig them up and transplant.
- Fertilize most plants except for frost tender ones such as citrus.
- Prune evergreen shrubs and vines.
- If you have a lawn, now is an excellent time to aerate it. Aeration reduces compaction, getting water and fertilizer down into the root zone, creating a healthier, more vigorous lawn that uses less water.
Thursday, October 8, 2015
Thursday, October 1, 2015
We have a large selection of California natives in stock. Some of them grown right here at the nursery & some just delivered today from Intermountain nursery in Prather (http://www.intermountainnursery.com/. )October is the perfect time to plant natives.